Watertown Family YMCA Senior Director of Early Childhood Development
- Full time position including benefits
- Reports to Executive Director of Youth Development
- Lead teachers and support staff report to Director
- Director’s qualifications must meet or exceed state licensing requirements for education and experience. A master in early childhood development with 2 years supervisory experience preferred. Bachelor’s in related field with minimum of 3 years supervisory experience will be considered.
- The center director has overall responsibility for the operation of the center. Ensures that the center is operated in accordance with Watertown Family YMCA and New York State Office of Children and Family Services standards and regulations. Follows operating procedures to provide an educational, caring, and safe environment for children and families. Maintains highest standards by being visible and involved daily in the classrooms, Promotes the positive image of the program in the community. Keeps accurate financial records, manages the center’s finances effectively, and maintains the center’s sound financial position.
Essential Responsibilities and Standards of Performance
- Manages the center in compliance with state and local regulations and established policies and procedures.
- Effectively resolves problems related to the management of the center. Seeks assistance when appropriate.
- Maintains administrative records for the center.
- Ensures implementation of a developmentally appropriate program in each classroom.
- Maintains appropriate, required records on staff and children.
- Plans work schedules and supervises staff.
- Assists in lesson planning.
- Evaluates staff performance.
- Keeps fully apprised of all activities in the center.
- Prepares and forwards reports and forms as required.
- Represents the interests of the center in the community.
- Maintains an accurate financial accounting of the center’s and Pre-Kindergarten operations.
- Ensures that classroom equipment is inventoried and maintained in good repair. Secures replacements or repairs following established procedures.
- Prepares and submits all required reports.
- Prepares accurate payroll, accounting, and operations reports by deadline.
- Takes responsibility for the center’s assets and cash, makes daily deposits, and manages classroom supplies.
- Ensures accuracy and timely collection of tuition in accordance with established policies an procedures.
- Makes purchases necessary to center operation.
- Maintains good working relationships with NYSOCFS, local health department, local school districts.