The YMCA is seeking a Custodial Supervisor to help maintain the upkeep of our facilities and supervise the cleaning & maintenance staff. This position will be filled as a full time hourly role to include a benefits package. Compensation will be based on experience and skills in the job related field.
The successful candidate will work with and as part of our cleaning and maintenance team. The successful candidate will be required to supervise staff as needed. Candidates may be asked to work a schedule that may including evening and weekend hours. The candidate will report to the Director of Building & Grounds.
1. Supervises staff team, which includes: scheduling and performance reviews.
2. Perform daily light maintenance duties, including but not limited to: light carpentry, painting and miscellaneous repairs.
3. Plans and organizes the activities of staff to make sure tasks are done both on time and in a safe manner.
4. Perform routine cleaning task, including but not limited to: vacuuming, mopping and other housekeeping duties
5. Ensures that preventative maintenance and cleaning procedures are carried out on a scheduled basis and completes maintenance as needed.
6. Performs other tasks as directed or required.
1. 2 to 3 years’ experience in a job related field.
2. Supervisory skills preferred.
3. Ability to effectively interact with staff and participants.