Custodial Team Leader
The YMCA is seeking a Custodial Team Leader to help maintain the upkeep of our facilities and lead the cleaning and maintenance staff in their work. This position will be filled as a full-time hourly role to include a benefits package. Compensation will be based on experience and skills in the job-related field.
The successful candidate will work with and as part of our cleaning and maintenance team. The successful candidate will be required to lead staff as needed. Candidates may be asked to work a schedule that may including evening and weekend hours. The candidate will report to the Director of Building & Grounds.
1. Leads and works with the staff team, which includes: scheduling and performance reviews.
2. Perform daily light maintenance duties, including but not limited to light carpentry, painting, and miscellaneous repairs.
3. Plans and organizes the activities of staff to make sure tasks are done both on time and in a safe manner.
4. Perform routine cleaning task, including but not limited to vacuuming, mopping, and other housekeeping duties
5. Ensures that preventative maintenance and cleaning procedures are carried out on a scheduled basis.
6. Performs other tasks as directed or required.
1. 2 to 3 years’ experience in a job-related field.
2. Leadership skills preferred.
3. Ability to effectively interact with staff and participants.