Be part of our team
Job Title: Director of Building and Grounds
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Grade: Director
Reports to: Executive Director for Health and Wellness
This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. A well-organized building-maintenance program is vital to the operation of the YMCA to provide members, participants, visitors and staff with well-equipped, modern facilities in good operating condition. The Director of Building and Grounds will be responsible for the maintenance, custodial and facilities improvement operations of all Watertown Family YMCA facilities (five locations currently), including preventative maintenance and related budgets. The Director of Building and Grounds must be a leader who embraces the YMCA Values of respect, caring, responsibility and honesty.
- Bachelor's degree in facility management or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of experience in facility management or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
- Skills and experience in supervision, budget management and project management.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment.
- “POOL” certifications required within 6 months of employment.
- Ability and current license to drive with a record that meets YMCA standards.
- Familiarity with computer applications required
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out and will require travel to various locations mostly within a 40-mile radius.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.