Job Title: Aquatics Director
FLSA Status: Full time, Hourly
Reports to: Managing Director of Membership
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Aquatics Director at Anytown YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also managing high-quality, member-focused aquatics programs
1. Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
2. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations and conduct and ensure proper maintenance of pools. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
3. Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboard and develops them for success. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
4. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within the area of responsibility.
5. Manages the program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistic to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in the program; securing and scheduling the pool facilities; and creating and scheduling the classes, practices, and meets.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
* One to two years related experience preferred (e.g., as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor).
* Minimum age of 21.
* Within 90 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
* Completion of YMCA aquatics training and trainer certifications.
* Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.