YMCA Early Morning Lifeguard Job Description
Job Title: YMCA Lifeguard
Employment Type: Part-Time Start Date: ASAP
Benefits: Individual Membership
The Watertown YMCA is looking to add certified fun, energetic, and dedicated individuals to our team to work as an opening lifeguard shift to busy pool. The Watertown YMCA hires above minimum wage for this position.
Great job for high school & college students, adults and/or retirees!! Included a free YMCA membership! Here you're treated like family!
General Function of a lifeguard: The lifeguard will be responsible for the safety, well being and enjoyment of the aquatic programs and facility for all participants.
This responsibility requires interacting with the members during the job and creating a friendly, family atmosphere.
Certification for Lifeguard: American Red Cross Lifeguarding - will work to certify the right person.
· Ensure the safety of swim team members, performing lifesaving and/or first aid procedures when necessary.
· Respond to swimmer accidents and emergencies and administer first aid and CPR as necessary.
· Have prepared workouts planned accordingly if needed.
· Conduct swim-team workouts and provide instruction to swim team members; enhance the swimming skills and development of all team members.
· Assist and support all team-related activities, parties, fundraisers etc.
· Perform various clerical duties in support of the swim team such as responding to parents’ and swimmers’ questions and memos, creating workouts, taking attendance and assisting with meet entries as needed.
· Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and promotes safety in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
· Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures; completes related reports as required
· Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area
· Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed- report damaged equipment
· Convey information on aquatic programs and schedules, and as appropriate refers members to other YMCA programs
· Identifies and celebrates the successes of members and program participants
· Performs other duties as assigned
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
· Developing Others
· Quality Results
· Highschool Diploma or equivalent.
· Lifeguarding Certification
· CPR/AED/First Aid Certifications
· At least 1 year of working with, coaching, teaching or monitoring youth at the age-group swimming level (Preferred but not required)
· Ability to maintain certification-level physical and mental readiness.
· Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper techniques.
· Ability to confidently lead while being enthusiastic and encouraging.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Indoor pool work environment.
· Regular exposure to fumes, odors, and humidity and heat.
· Visual, hearing and speaking skills to coach and communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, and coaches.
· Sitting and / or standing for extended periods of time.
· Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling heavy objects as assigned
Job Type: Part-time
Submit your completed applications at the Downtown YMCA: Application